- ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape
- Small decorative chalkboards
- Plaque or sign
- Decorative metal wall art
- Scrapbook paper letters
- Flat acrylic frames
- Family photos
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Cut out scrapbook paper letters to spell a word. Some options are “family”, “love”, “blessed”, etc.
2. Gather items that represent your family. Find a theme to design the wall around, which could be a color or style. This gallery wall is a little shabby chic, but the main item tying it all together is a dark brown.
3. Choose a few favorite family photos. Consider printing them in a color to coordinate with your wall. Sepia tone and black & white help the photos coordinate with the wall, without standing out too much.
5. Lay all of your items out on the floor to find a layout that you like. Once you have it set, take a picture of it to reference as you assemble the wall.
6. Decide where the lowest item will be on the wall and start placing things on the wall from the bottom up.
7. When placing the word, use ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape to hold a ruler on the wall so you can keep the letters in a straight line. Use Command™ Poster Strips on the back of the letters to attach them to the wall.
8. Use Command™ Forever Classic Oil-Rubbed Bronze Metal Hooks to hang the metal wall art and any items on ribbons. Command™ Metal Hooks come in other finishes as well, to coordinate with your personal style.